Experience the USSFCU Difference.
USSFCU is a cooperative organization owned entirely by its members and operated for their benefit. Unlike most banks, the profits are returned to our members in the form of higher savings rates, lower loan rates and fewer fees. With USSFCU, you are a valued member and owner.
By becoming a member, you automatically become a part of an established, prestigious organization that has been serving the U.S. Senate Community and Federal Government for over 81 years. Our full-service organization is available to assist you with many financial needs you may have. Below are just a few of the many benefits our members currently enjoy:
- Tailored Member Service
- Online, Phone and Mobile Banking
- Personalized Assistance with our In-House Mortgage Loan Officer
- An array of loan options including: Auto and Recreational Vehicle Loans, Personal Loans, Student Loans and Lines of Credit
- Savings and Retirement Accounts including: IRAs, Share Certificates, and Money Market Accounts
- Flexible Checking Account Options
- VISA® Credit Cards
- Investment and Retirement Planning with our Money Coach
- Debt Counseling
- Access to over 30,000 worldwide ATMs
- Product Discounts with Turbo Tax®, TruStage and SimpliSafe, through our partnership with Love My Credit Union
START YOUR USSFCU APPLICATION TODAY!
Who can join?
1. Employees of Select Employee Groups.
Additionally, whether or not the employees themselves become members, they may extend the membership to their immediate families and households.
2. Individuals sponsored by a family or household member.
A member in good standing or a current employee of a Select Employee Group may sponsor an immediate family member, as well as others in the same household. This includes:
- Immediate family (child, sibling, parent, grandparent, grandchild, stepparent, stepchild, step sibling, or adoptive relationship)
- Household members (persons living in the same residence and maintaining a single economic unit)
- Organizations of people in one of the above groups
3. Members of the U.S. Capitol Historical Society (USCHS).
As a member of the Society, either as an individual or as an employee, you are automatically eligible to join USSFCU. USCHS is a non-profit educational organization created in 1962 to promote the history of the Capitol and Congress. Become a USCHS member today by donating as little as $50.00 and apply to USSFCU at the same time. Current members of USCHS are also invited to participate in this member offering.
For more information about USCHS, visit http://uschs.org/.
How do I join?
It’s easy to join USSFCU and to start taking advantage of the benefits of membership.
When submitting your USSFCU application please have the following information ready; name, address, date of birth, and at least one valid form of identification (photo ID, passport, etc.).
You will also need to open a Primary Savings Account at that time with a minimum of $5 and pay the one-time-only membership fee of $1 to secure your membership with us
For those who choose to join the American Consumer Council or US Capitol Historical Society, you must join either organization prior to completing a USSFCU application.
What are the benefits for students who join?
Membership at USSFCU at a young age entitles you to numerous benefits that you'll enjoy now and throughout your lifetime. Unlike other banks and credit unions, USSFCU offers a wealth of educational resources and services to get you started on the right financial path.
You can access information about your accounts from anywhere, anytime with a network of ATMs, shared branches, online and mobile banking, and even make deposits remotely using your smartphone. Membership makes you eligible to take part in the USSFCU Student Lending program, which includes access to private student loans and consolidations, discounts and rewards, lower rates on borrowing, and higher rates on saving.