Update | Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Updated | 11:30 pm EDT • 4/02/2020
Due to the ever-changing nature in response to the coronavirus; hold, response and application processing times may be longer than usual.
We appreciate your patience.
Branch and Call Center Status
- Branches - CLOSED - As of 5 pm on 3/17/2020, all USSFCU branches are currently closed until further notice as a precaution for the COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
- Eisenhower Branch Drive-Thru - Our drive-thru will be open on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm.
- Call Center – OPEN and fully functional with limited staff.
- NEW HOURS - Monday - Friday, 8:30 am - 5:00 pm ET (We have postponed our 8 am - 10 am training sessions on Wednesdays, to dedicate more one-on-one time with our members.)
Account access is available 24/7 via:
Online Banking – ussfcu.org | Mobile App | TeleAction (202.228.1156)
- Limited Staff/Remote Work - While we are open for regular business hours, most of our staff will be working remotely. Additionally, not all staff will be able to work remotely during this time. Having limited staff available and a change in business operation could result in longer wait and processing times.
- Mortgage Loans - Due to the volume of correspondence and applications being submitted, processing times could be delayed for up to two weeks.
- Mail - The mail system, in general, will be experiencing a slow down as mail delivery services work through their response to the coronavirus. This could cause delays in any documents or payments sent through the mail. Additionally, we will have limited staff on-site processing any mail received. We encourage any payments to be made online or over the phone with a Member Services Representative.
We Are Here to Help
- NEW >> Relief Loan - Low Fixed Rate, Up to $5,000, No Payments for 90 days.
- NEW >> Signature Loan - We are offering a 90 Day No Pay Option on USSFCU Personal Loans.
- Skip-a-Pay Fee Refund - Log into CUAnyhou+ Online Banking to take advantage of this service
- Loan Extension & Deferment - Contact our Member Services Call Center to work one-on-one with a representative
- Waiving Fees & Penalties - For more on the specific fees and penalties, call our Member Services Call Center
- Financial Counseling - If you or a loved one has been financially impacted by the COVID-19 virus, our partners at GreenPath Financial Wellness can help.
- TrueCar Home Buying with Home Delivery - Handle all aspects of your vehicle purchase without ever needing to go into the dealership.
FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Will USSFCU still be operating during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic?
A: Our GAO and Hart branches are closed. Our Eisenhower Branch will be open Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 10 am to 1 pm. Our operations will be maintaining regular business hours, working remotely with limited staff, including our Member Services Call Center.
Q: Will the Credit Union be offering a special loan or product for assistance during this time?
A: Yes. We are offering our USSFCU Relief Loan, designed to give much-needed relief during this time.
Additionally, we are offering deferments and extensions on loans, flexibility on loan payments, waiving certain fees and penalties and a Skip-A-Pay Fee Refund during this time. We know that each member has unique circumstances and we are working one-on-one with members to find ways to help them through all of this.
Q: When will the branches reopen?
A: We are following the lead of the government and the CDC for their guidance in this matter. Additionally, because we have branches in Federal office buildings, we will be adhering to their directives in those cases.
Q: Where can I make deposits with cash?
A: You can also make cash deposits using the ATM at our Eisenhower Branch. Our drive-thru will be open at our Eisenhower Branch in Alexandria on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm.
Additionally, use our interactive map to find cash accepting ATMs and Shared Branches near you. It is recommended to call the Shared Branch to make sure they are open. Shared Branches are a unique network cooperative of different credit union branches that allow our members to do simple transactions like deposits, withdrawals, account info, cashier's checks, etc. from your USSFCU account.
Q: What are the deposit and withdrawal limits at ATMs?
A: Withdrawl limits are capped at $850 per day. There are no deposit limits, however, there is a limit to thirty bills per transaction.
Q: When will ATMs be reconciled for funds to be released to my account?
A: Deposits made through USSFCU ATMs are real-time. Deposits made at a cooperative network ATM will be posted next business day.
Q: If I mail in a check or paperwork, will there be anyone checking the mail since you are working remotely?
A: We will have limited staff that will be checking and processing mail. The mail stream, in general, is running slower, so there could significant delays in receiving mailed documents. It is recommended that any checks be deposited using Remote Deposit Anywhere (RDA), in which the daily limit was increased to $10,000, in the USSFCU Mobile App. Please call our Member Services Call Center for alternative methods to send documentation.
USSFCU Remote Banking Resources
Even though all of our branches are now closed, there are many ways to gain remote access to your USSFCU account:
- To speak to a Member Services Representative please call 800.374.2758 or 202-224-2967
- For Call Center hours and other information visit our Contact Us page
- 24/7 access through Teleaction at 202.228.1156
- 100,000+ Surcharge Free ATM’s Nationwide
- Quick Tip: Text any Zip Code to 91989 and receive the closest ATM location.
- 3,000+ Shared Branches Nationwide ATM’s
The United States Senate Federal Credit Union is committed to safeguarding the health of our employees, members and volunteers. As we monitor the spread of COVID-19 and associated responses, we want to keep you apprised of our actions and policies to stay safe. We will continue to assess the situation and ensure you are informed of any decisions to close or alter the operations at the Credit Union.
How We Are Taking Action
We are keeping a close watch on any communications from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), and taking precautions to minimize COVID-19 exposure to employees and members.
We are taking extra precautions by cleaning our facilities to better protect our employees and members. Our employees are also being prompted to follow CDC guidelines to wash or sanitize their hands and maintain social distancing whenever possible.
While we are open for regular business hours, most of our staff will be working remotely to support our members while ensuring the well-being of our employees. Having limited staff available and a change in business operations could result in longer waiting and processing times.
USSFCU has incorporated a pandemic plan to support alternative response going forward. This includes processes and procedures to manage the critical and essential business functions, with considerations for member-facing business requirements in all USSFCU departments including but not limited to the following:
- Call center operations.
- Lending and business services operations.
- Accounting, finance and collections operations.
- Support services, card services, and e-services operations.
- Risk management and human resources.
- Information technology.
- Marketing and media relations.
Protect Yourself and Others
There is currently no vaccine to prevent Coronavirus (COVID-19).
The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus.
The virus is thought to spread mainly from person-to-person.
- Between people who are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet).
- Through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes.
These droplets can land in the mouths or noses of people who are nearby or possibly be inhaled into the lungs.
DO THE FIVE - Help stop coronavirus
- HANDS - Wash them often
- ELBOW - Cough into it
- FACE - Don't touch it
- SPACE - Keep safe distance
- HOME - Stay if you can
For additional steps to help protect yourself and others visit the CDC’s Official Website.
CDC Resource Pages
Other Resource Pages
- Live Interactive COVID-19 Map (Johns Hopkins University)
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- Coronavirus.gov (Official Government Website)
Our leadership team is continually monitoring the situation and staying up to date on the latest developments as it relates to the Credit Union and our business operations moving forward. This is a fluid situation and as details continue to evolve we will keep you, our USSFCU family, up to date.