Inform USSFCU Before You Leave
To protect against theft and unauthorized use of your USSFCU credit and debit cards, USSFCU monitors your card activity 24 hours a day. If we notice suspicious activity on one of your cards, we'll need a way to contact you while you're on the road—just to confirm if the activity is authorized.
If you are traveling within the next two days:
- Call to let us know the dates of your trip and where you'll be traveling.
- Give us your cell phone number or out of town contact information so a representative on behalf of USSFCU's Fraud Service Center can call you if there is a potential problem.
- Add your e-mail address to your contact information, if you will have e-mail access during your trip.
If you receive a message from a USSFCU representative about possible unauthorized card use, please respond to our phone call in a timely manner. We will place a temporary hold on your card if we do not hear from you. If you find that your card has been temporarily suspended, simply call to remove the hold.
More Travel Tips
- Take USSFCU toll-free U.S. numbers and collect call numbers with you if going overseas in the event one of your cards is blocked or if you suspect card fraud. Call immediately to request your card be disabled so no further transactions will be authorized.
- Use or Sign up for USSFCU’s CU AnyHour+ online banking for safe 24/7/365 access to your accounts—anytime, anywhere—at your convenience. Keep track of your debit card purchases, transactions and account balances online. You can even pay your bills with online Bill Pay while traveling.
USSFCU Member Service
After Hours Cardholder Services
|VISA® Smart Rate / Smart Rewards Credit Cards
Emergency Replacement Service (202) 224-2967
(800) 374-2758 (outside DC metro area).
(800) 682-6075 (after hours)
(206) 352-3500 (collect if outside US)
- Download USSFCU’s mobile banking app USSFCU Mobile and set up e-mail alerts in CU AnyHour+ online banking before you leave for account information and reminders on the go.
- For additional levels of protection at home and while traveling sign up for smsGuardian text alert fraud prevention and Deluxe Provent Identtiy Theft Protection, all available from your Credit Union,.
- Photocopy the front and back of all your cards and IDs. Take copies with you and keep them secure in a separate place. If your cards are lost or stolen, you can immediately pull out the copies and cancel the cards.
For Lost or Stolen Cards
(800) 682-6075 (after hours)
(206) 352-4950 (collect if outside US)
Credit Card Tips
- Take both a USSFCU Visa credit card and debit card with you so you have another form of payment in case one card is lost or stolen. Remember to keep them separate.
- Check the expiration date of your credit card before leaving on your trip to make sure it is valid for your travel dates.
- Choose to pay either the total new balance or the minimum payment for the month(s) out of town. Never miss a credit card payment when you set up automatic payments from your prime Share or Checking account before your trip.
- Visa's zero liability policy gives you peace of mind. You won't be responsible for purchases in the event of unauthorized use of your USSFCU credit card.
A 1% Foreign Transaction Fee will be added to any credit card transaction with a foreign merchant, whether originally made in U.S. dollars or converted from a foreign currency.
Debit Card Tips
- Check the expiration date of your USSFCU debit card before leaving on your trip to make sure it is valid for your travel dates.
- Memorize your debit card's PIN. If signature transactions fail, use PIN-based transactions.
- If you're in the US, save money when you use surcharge-free ATMs. Use the USSFCU Service locator to find one near you. You can download the app for the locator at www.ussfcu.org/locator.
- Visa's zero liability policy gives you peace of mind. You won't be responsible for purchases in the event of unauthorized use of your USSFCU debit card.
- Please note that some overseas ATMs will only allow access to your checking or savings account.
A 1% Foreign Transaction Fee will be added to any debit card transaction with a foreign merchant, whether originally made in U.S. dollars or converted from a foreign currency.
Helpful Sites for Travelers
U.S. Department of State
U.S. Passport Agency
Transportation Security Administration