Take Full Control of Your Cards with MyCardRules™
Turn your USSFCU cards on or off, set spending limits, and get alerts all with a few quick taps.
MyCardRules™ is an easy-to-use mobile app that lets you set card controls, add restrictions and receive transaction alerts right from your mobile device.
Just download the MyCardRules™ app from Google Play™ or the App Store®. Then you can set a wide range of controls and alerts on all your USSFCU cards. Alerts will show up just like any other notifications you get on your mobile device.
Download MyCardRules™ Now
With MyCardRules™, you have complete control of how, when, where — and WHO uses your cards. Plus, knowing that you’ve set rules, restrictions, and alerts that meet your specific spending preferences adds another layer of fraud detection and prevention and gives you added peace of mind.
- Turn your card on or off
- Set spending limits based on your preferences, including dollar amount, transaction type, and merchant type
- Enable instant alerts in any of the following categories: Locations, Merchant, Transaction, and Spending Limits.
- Set a specific region where the card can be used or restrict usage based on your mobile device’s location
- Set parental controls and monitoring
- View recent transactions
- Monitor multiple cards in the MyCardRules™ app
Managing your cards with MyCardRules™ is safe and secure. Your account is password protected and highly encrypted.
Get Started with the MyCardRules™ App
Getting setup with the MyCardRules app is easy:
- Download the app from your mobile app store
- Create your account by tapping New User
- After signup, you will need to add a card. Don’t worry, the app is encrypted!
- Your security code, expiration date, and zip code are also needed.
- After entering all card info, be sure to accept the terms and conditions.
- You’re all set to begin receiving alerts for this card. If you need to add another card, simply tap add card to add additional cards.
Set-up Rules and Alerts
Rules and alerting for your USSFCU cards is what puts you in control.
You can monitor multiple cards in the MyCardRules™ app! This is important because you can customize different rules for each card. You can have rules for your personal debit card, your business debit card, and your child’s checking account, just to name a few. The rule customization options are truly limitless.
Tailor the MyCardRules™ app to fit your needs in just a few short, simple steps:
- Pick the card you want to create rules for. If you have multiple cards in the app and can manage each one by swiping left or right on this screen. Tap on alert preferences, to create custom rules for your card.
- Custom rules. By default, MyCardRules™ will alert you about all transactions. To customize this, tap on all transactions to change your alert preferences.
- Preferred Transactions. You have three options to pick from here. To create custom alerts, select “preferred transactions.”
- Once the alert preferences have been changed to preferred, you can enable alerts in any of the following categories: Locations, Merchant, Transaction, and Spending Limits.
- Location Alerts – Set rules based on the phone actually being present with you at the time of the transaction. You can also set up home regions and international areas too! This is handy for those traveling abroad.
- Merchant Alerts – If a certain type of merchant is used, you will get an alert. Concerned about crooks using your card for travel and restaurants? You can select these two categories to ensure you get alerts every time your card is used for one of these merchant types.
- Transaction alerts – If certain transactions are used for this card, an alert will be sent. This is an especially great rule to add if you have a card you use only for your online shopping. Simply turn on e-commerce alerts (and any others you want).
- Spending Limits – Create alerts based on the amount here. If the amount exceeds a limit you set, an alert will be sent. Concerned about high-dollar purchases? Turn this alert on and set the dollar amount to get notified when that amount is exceeded.
As you can see, MyCardRules™ , provides a meticulous set of alerting tools. The best way to learn them is to dig in and create some custom rule sets. If you do not like them, simply turn the default setting back on and you’ll receive alerts about all transactions again.
Help Needed? It’s a good idea to understand what rules we can change and how they work. Tap on the “tell me more button” to bring up the help menu. Tap the “x” in the upper right when you’re done to return to the menu.
For additional instruction, check out our "Get Started Guide."
Requires iPhone with iOS 9.0 or above. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPad are trademarks of Apple, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple, Inc. iOS is a trademark or registered trademark of Cisco in the U.S. and other countries and is used under license.
Requires Android 5.0 or above. Google Play, the Google Play logo and Android are trademarks of Google LLC. Use of this trademark is subject to Google Permissions.