Take Full Control of Your Cards with MyCardRules™
The current MyCardRules™ app will end no longer be available after 5/31/22.
To simplify the way you do business, we are integrating MyCardRules™ as a feature inside online & mobile banking. It will no longer be a standalone application outside of the platform. You will be able to access MyCardRules™ and manage your cards inside online and mobile banking. The new, integrated MyCardRules™ is a brand-new system, completely independent from the current MyCardRules™ app.
In June, members will recieve an email with details on the new platform and how to get started.
Turn your USSFCU cards on or off, set spending limits, and get alerts all with a few quick taps.
MyCardRules™ is an easy-to-use mobile app that lets you set card controls, add restrictions and receive transaction alerts right from your mobile device. Plus, knowing that you’ve set rules, restrictions, and alerts that meet your specific spending preferences adds another layer of fraud detection and prevention and gives you added peace of mind.
- Turn your card on or off
- Set spending limits based on your preferences, including dollar amount, transaction type, and merchant type
- Enable instant alerts in any of the following categories: Locations, Merchant, Transaction, and Spending Limits
- Set a specific region where the card can be used or restrict usage based on your mobile device’s location
- View recent transactions
- Set parental controls and monitoring minor spending
- Monitor all your USSFCU cards in the same app
- MyCardRules™ is safe and secure; your account is password protected and highly encrypted
Just download the MyCardRules™ app from Google Play™ or the App Store®.
Then you can set a wide range of controls and alerts on all your USSFCU cards. Alerts will show up just like any other notifications you get on your mobile device.
Get Started with the MyCardRules™ App
Getting setup with the MyCardRules app is easy:
- Download the app from your mobile app store
- Create your account by tapping New User
- After signup, you will need to add a card. Don’t worry, the app is encrypted!
- Your security code, expiration date, and zip code are also needed.
- After entering all card info, be sure to accept the terms and conditions.
- You’re all set to begin receiving alerts for this card. If you need to add another card, simply tap add card to add additional cards.
Set-up Rules and Alerts
Rules and alerting for your USSFCU cards is what puts you in control.
You can monitor multiple cards in the MyCardRules™ app! This is important because you can customize different rules for each card. You can have rules for your personal debit card, your business debit card, and your child’s checking account, just to name a few. The rule customization options are truly limitless.
Tailor the MyCardRules™ app to fit your needs in just a few short, simple steps:
- Pick the card you want to create rules for. If you have multiple cards in the app and can manage each one by swiping left or right on this screen. Tap on alert preferences, to create custom rules for your card.
- Custom rules. By default, MyCardRules™ will alert you about all transactions. To customize this, tap on all transactions to change your alert preferences.
- Preferred Transactions. You have three options to pick from here. To create custom alerts, select “preferred transactions.”
- Once the alert preferences have been changed to preferred, you can enable alerts in any of the following categories: Locations, Merchant, Transaction, and Spending Limits.
- Location Alerts – Set rules based on the phone actually being present with you at the time of the transaction. You can also set up home regions and international areas too! This is handy for those traveling abroad.
- Merchant Alerts – If a certain type of merchant is used, you will get an alert. Concerned about crooks using your card for travel and restaurants? You can select these two categories to ensure you get alerts every time your card is used for one of these merchant types.
- Transaction alerts – If certain transactions are used for this card, an alert will be sent. This is an especially great rule to add if you have a card you use only for your online shopping. Simply turn on e-commerce alerts (and any others you want).
- Spending Limits – Create alerts based on the amount here. If the amount exceeds a limit you set, an alert will be sent. Concerned about high-dollar purchases? Turn this alert on and set the dollar amount to get notified when that amount is exceeded.
As you can see, MyCardRules™ provides a meticulous set of alerting tools. The best way to learn them is to dig in and create some custom rule sets. If you do not like them, simply turn the default setting back on and you’ll receive alerts about all transactions again.
Help Needed? It’s a good idea to understand what rules we can change and how they work. Tap on the “tell me more button” to bring up the help menu. Tap the “x” in the upper right when you’re done to return to the menu.
Parents can monitor minor debit cards right from the MyCardRules app!
Set card controls, add restrictions and receive transaction alerts right from your mobile device. Customize different rules for your own personal debit and credit cards, as well as your teens.
Real Time Notifications
Enable instant alerts in any of the following categories: locations, merchant, transaction type, and spending limits.
Turn Card On & Off
If a card is lost or stolen, you can immediately disable it and then switch it back on when the card is found.
Set Card Controls
Set spending limits based on your preferences, including dollar amount, transaction and merchant type.
Debit Card for Teens
Help your teen take the first step towards managing their own money with a free Visa® debit card.
If your teen is ready to learn how to manage money, adding a debit card to their existing USSFCU youth account can be a great way to explore the ins and outs of money management.*
Call us at 800.374.2758 for information on setting your teen up with their own debit card.
Financial Literacy for Teens
iGrad is a free online platform that provides a number of educational tools and resources to assist teens and young adults in making effective personal finance decisions?.
*Visa Debit Cards available to USSFCU youth accountholders ages 13-17. A parent or guardian must be included as a joint owner on minor account. Member Privilege and over-draft protection is not available for minor debit cards.
For additional instruction, check out our "Get Started Guide."
Requires iPhone with iOS 9.0 or above. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPad are trademarks of Apple, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple, Inc. iOS is a trademark or registered trademark of Cisco in the U.S. and other countries and is used under license.
Requires Android 5.0 or above. Google Play, the Google Play logo and Android are trademarks of Google LLC. Use of this trademark is subject to Google Permissions.