Revised Endorsement Guidelines
Effective September 5, 2018, USSFCU is updating endorsement requirements when submitting an RDA check deposit through your USSFCU Mobile App. In addition to signing the back of the
This phrase is referred to as a Restrictive Endorsement (RE). The purpose of the RE is to place better controls around making sure that your check is properly deposited.
Below are some RE guidelines and best practices to ensure your mobile deposit is successful.
- The phrase “For USSFCU Mobile Deposit Only“ should be written on two lines. (Refer to graphic)
- Writing the RE on only one line or three or more lines will likely result in an error.
- The RE must be
cleanlywritten with dark ink and clearly legible.
- Writing the RE in shorthand, cursive or other writing variants could likely result in an error.
- The RE must be isolated and not overlap with other text, signatures, etc.
- The RE must be written horizontally in the endorsement area of the
check,when the check is held vertically in portrait mode. (Refer to graphic)
- The RE must be in the correct orientation (not upside-down).
- Abbreviated inscriptions will not work (for example, using “4” instead of “For” or “Dep” instead of “Deposit”).
- The image must be clear and in focus with all four corners of the check visible, allowing the RE to be clearly legible.