The holidays are meant for enjoying family and friends — not worrying about year-end finances. To help members prepare for the holiday season, USSFCU offers its Holiday Savings Account, where members can contribute little by little throughout the year and watch their balances grow.
- A savings account designed to help USSFCU members save for anticipated Holiday Season and end-of-year expenses
- Deposits can be made at any time or by automatic direct deposit
- Funds automatically released via check or electronic deposit into a Primary Savings Account on November 1st
- Free online, mobile, telephone banking, and eNotices*
- NCUA insured to $250,000
- $5 minimum deposit to earn dividends
Deposits at all federal credit unions and the vast majority of state-chartered credit unions are covered by National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund (NCUSIF) protection. Not one penny of insured savings has ever been lost by a member of a federally insured credit union.
Federally insured credit unions offer a safe place for you to save your money, with deposits insured up to at least $250,000 per individual depositor. The National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) is the independent agency that administers the NCUSIF. Like the FDIC's Deposit Insurance Fund, the NCUSIF is a federal insurance fund backed by the full faith and credit of the United States government.
For questions about the NCUA’s share insurance coverage, call 1.800.755.1030, option 1, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Eastern, or send an email to [email protected]. This toolkit contains a variety of helpful resources for credit unions regarding the Share Insurance Fund.
Share Insurance Toolkit from MyCreditUnion.gov
The toolkit has great resources like estimators, publications, videos and more.
*Data carrier rates may apply.