Your Credit Union for Life
When you join USSFCU, you are a member for life, even if your employment status or place of residence changes. No matter your path to USSFCU membership–once you're a member, you're always a member. Regardless of the change in location or employer status, we're here to help you through all of life's stages with tips, resources, products and services to set you up for success. Lifelong membership means that USSFCU is dedicated to helping you achieve your financial goals through every stage of life.
Apply online and start your lifelong journey with USSFCU today!
Who Can Join?
For over 85 years, USSFCU has provided the U.S. Senate and Capitol Hill communities with world-class financial stability, security, and service. Now a $1.2 billion credit union with 100 plus paths to membership, almost everyone has the opportunity to experience the USSFCU difference. Per internal policy, at this time USSFCU only offers services to U.S. Citizens and US Permanent Residents holding a non-conditional Green Card.
YOU ARE ELIGIBLE IF:
- You work for or retired from, one of our 100+ Select Employee Groups
Additionally, whether or not the employees themselves become members, they may extend the membership to their immediate families and households.
- You are an immediate family member of a current USSFCU Member. This includes:
- Immediate family (child, sibling, parent, grandparent, grandchild, stepparent, stepchild, step-sibling, or adoptive relationship)
- Household members (persons living in the same residence and maintaining a single economic unit)
- You are a Member of The U.S. Capitol Historical Society
As a member of the Society, either as an individual or as an employee, you are automatically eligible to join USSFCU. when you become a USCHS member today.
- You are a Member of The American Consumer Council
VACC membership takes a matter of minutes and you don’t have to live in Virginia, you can join the VACC from anywhere in the U.S. Plus, USSFCU will cover your membership dues. Follow the instructions below to join:
- Click Here to Get Started
- Select your interests and fill out the short application, then click "Continue" at the bottom
- DO NOT PAY - Use Promo Code: USSFCU to waive the $15.00 membership fee
You will receive an email containing your VACC Membership Number and Certificate (retain a copy for your records).
How Do I Join?
You will need to open a Primary Savings Account with a minimum of $5 and pay the one-time-only membership fee of $1 to secure your membership with us. When submitting your USSFCU application please have the following information ready; name, address, date of birth, and at least one valid form of identification (photo ID, passport, etc.).
Questions about the account opening process? Call us at 800.374.2758 or send us an email.
Please Note: Never send personally identifiable information through email. You will be able to upload it through the application process or a member of our member services team will send you a secure link to provide sensitive documents.
Things you will need to complete the application
Valid Color ID (Driver's License, Passport, Military ID card) must be in pdf or jpg format
If ID does not provide a current address, please provide a form of address verification (utility bill, paycheck stub, etc.) must be in pdf or jpg format
- Paystub or membership document from your Selectct Employee Group
- If you are joining through the U.S. Capitol Historical Society (USCHS), please provide a copy of the emailed receipt
- If you are joining through the American Consumer Council - Virginia Chapter (VACC), please provide a copy of the emailed certificate
Taxpayer Identification Number or Social Security Number
- Account funding (Credit Card or Debit Card)
- USING A CREDIT CARD TO FUND YOUR ACCOUNT IS PROCESSED AS A CASH ADVANCE AND COULD RESULT IN A CASH ADVANCE FEE FROM YOUR CREDIT CARD PROVIDER FOR EACH TRANSACTION. WE RECOMMEND FUNDING YOUR ACCOUNT USING A DEBIT CARD TO AVOID THESE POTENTIAL FEES FROM YOUR CREDIT CARD PROVIDER.
Begin your application online or call 800.374.2758.
For USSFCU membership you will need to open a Primary Savings Account with a minimum balance of $5.00 and pay the one-time-only membership fee of $1.00. To complete your application for USSFCU membership you will need the following: Government-issued ID/Driver’s License/State ID or Passport with current address, and Social Security Number.
Primary Savings Account Annual Percentage Yield = .15% as of 11/01/2023. View savings rates at ussfcu.org/rates. Membership eligibility required. Eligibility does not guarantee membership. This credit union is federally insured by the National Credit Union Administration.