Home Equity & HELOC Products
Home Equity & HELOC Products
Transform Your Home into a Summer Getaway
While a summer vacation may not be possible, a few updates could bring the vacation home to you.
Need to finance your at-home getaway? USSFCU can help.
Use the equity in your current home to get low-interest financing for whatever your needs — from debt consolidation to renovation to education! If your house has increased in value or you've paid down a significant portion of your mortgage, you may be eligible for loan or line of credit from USSFCU.1 Use your home to fund your next step — apply today!
For more details about our Home Equity and HELOC products please scroll down to the bottom of the page.
Home Equity Loan and HELOC products is not currently available in the state of Texas. HELOC rates will not adjust until the 1st day of the billing cycle on the 15th of that month.
Not a member? Not a problem. With 140 plus paths to membership, joining is simple and easy. Join today.
- A fixed-rate, close-end loan you can use for several needs:
- Home remodeling projects
- Debt consolidation
- Educational expenses
- Major life events
- And more!
- Borrow up to 90% of the equity in your home.
- Minimum amount - $7,500—Maximum loan amount is $750,000.
- Repayment terms: up to 180 months
- Interest paid might be tax deductible2
- Pre-qualification possible by applying over the phone or in person
- Helpful, expert service throughout the entire process
A Home Equity Line of Credit (HELOC) is like a home equity loan, except instead of a one-time disbursement of funds, you may get pre-approved up to a certain amount, and access funds as you need them. Choose between our Classic HELOC or our Smart Line HELOC for a line of credit that fits your needs.
- Variable rates—only pay interest on what you use
- borrow up to 90% of the equity in your home3
- Competitive rates for several ongoing or seasonal needs
- The existing equity in your home is used as collateral backing
- Accommodating repayment terms that work uniquely for you
- Funds available anytime without reapplying; apply once, then use repeatedly thereafter
- Revolving credit — as principal is repaid, more becomes available for use
- The interest paid might be tax-deductible*
- Set up automatic payments to be deducted from your account monthly
- Professional, customized service throughout the entire process
- Allows you to pay interest only—ideal for those who want to upgrade their current home before selling
- Allows you to make payments on both principal and interest—perfect for that season-long project.
USSFCU has teamed up with Accurate Group, LLC to provide our members with an exciting option for completing your Home Equity Loan package signing.
NotaryWorksTM by Accurate Group utilizes cutting edge technology, replacing the need to send a closing agent to your home.
Qualifying members4 can complete the notary experience virtually with a notary by reviewing and signing loan documents on your computer, tablet or mobile devices. All NotaryWorksTM notaries are certified and pre-screened by Accurate Group.
FYI: This service requires the member to be on a Desktop or Laptop with a webcam. You will also need to provide 1 Photo ID during the meeting. (Passport, Drivers License, etc.) Please make sure you have this with you and ready to show during the online e-closing session. You may be promoted to run a quick plug-in that only takes a few seconds to load.
If you are interested in the efficiency of an online meeting, NotaryWorksTM is for you! Please contact your USSFCU loan officer to arrange your online closing.
Participating members will be subject to the Commonwealth Virginia Notary Statutes. Notary law requires all electronic notary ceremonies be video recorded. Valid ID required and recorded during closing. Not available in all locations. Internet access required.
1 Not all applicants will qualify for the lowest rate. Rates and terms are subject to change and may vary based on creditworthiness and qualifications. 2 Consult a tax advisor. 3 To open or maintain a home equity line of credit, you must pay certain fees to third parties. An itemized list of third party fees are available upon request by calling 800.374.2758. Other fees may apply. 4 Participating members will be subject to The Commonwealth of Virginia Notary Statutes. Notary law requires all electronic notary ceremonies be video recorded. Valid ID required and recorded during closing. Not available in all locations. Internet access required. Members should not send personal information via email.
The United States Senate Federal Credit Union complies with the Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 (S.A.F.E. Act). A list of our registered originators can be found by searching for the United States Senate Federal Credit Union here.