Apply for Membership
Due to the ever-changing nature in response to the coronavirus, hold, response and application processing times may be longer than usual. We appreciate your patience.
Our online application process is quick and simple. Whether you are looking to join USSFCU or are an existing member wanting to open an additional account, you can apply any time and from almost anywhere. The application process only takes about 15 minutes from your desktop, tablet or mobile device, so let's get started.
Not sure if you are eligible for membership? Scroll to the bottom of this page for more info or click here for more in-depth info.
Things you will need to complete the application
- Valid Color ID (Driver's License, Passport, Military ID card) must be in pdf or jpg format
- If ID does not provide a current address, please provide a form of address verification (utility bill, paycheck stub, etc.) must be in pdf or jpg format
- Taxpayer Identification Number or Social Security Number
- Account funding (Credit Card or Debit Card)
- USING A CREDIT CARD TO FUND YOUR ACCOUNT IS PROCESSED AS A CASH ADVANCE AND COULD RESULT IN A CASH ADVANCE FEE FROM YOUR CREDIT CARD PROVIDER FOR EACH TRANSACTION. WE RECOMMEND FUNDING YOUR ACCOUNT USING A DEBIT CARD TO AVOID THESE POTENTIAL FEES FROM YOUR CREDIT CARD PROVIDER.
- If you are joining through U.S. Capitol Historical Society (USCHS), please provide a copy of the emailed receipt
To open a Personal Account click the button below to join.
Already applied but want to check your status?
Looking to open an account for someone under 18?
Not Sure If You Are Eligible For USSFCU Membership?
You may be eligible for membership through one of our 140+ select employment groups (SEGs).
Don't see your employer in one of our SEGs? There are two very quick and simple ways to become eligible for membership. You can become eligible for members through the U.S. Capitol Historical Society (USCHS).
- Joining through USCHS? Please be sure to provide us with a copy of the emailed receipt.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT PROCEDURES FOR OPENING OR CHANGING AN ACCOUNT
Section 326 of the USA PATRIOT Act requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account or changes an existing account. This federal requirement applies to all new customers and current customers. This information is used to assist the United States government in the fight against the funding of terrorism and money-laundering activities.
What this means to you: when you open an account or change an existing account, we will ask for your name, physical address, mailing address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see your driver’s license or other identifying documents.
Hardware and Software Requirements
In order to access, view, and retain electronic communications including eDocuments that we make available to you, you must have
- A computer or other device with access to the internet and modem
- Internet browser that supports 128 bit encryption
- A browser plug-in such as Adobe Acrobat Reader (version 7 or higher) to view PDF documents if the browser lacks native PDF support
- Sufficient electronic storage capacity on your computer's hard drive or other data storage unit
- A valid email address
- Active online banking access, and