Apply for Membership
Our online application process is quick and simple. Whether you are looking to join USSFCU or are an existing member wanting to open an additional account, you can apply any time and from almost anywhere. The application process only takes about 15 minutes from your desktop, tablet or mobile device, so let's get started.
USSFCU is Celebrating 84 Years
It’s our birthday but we’re giving back all October long!
Sponsor a family member1 to join USSFCU during the month of October and we will deposit $25.00 in to your USSFCU account.2
When applying, applicant must use or mention PROMO CODE: 84YEARS
Not sure if you are eligible for membership? Scroll to the bottom of this page for more info or click here for more in-depth info.
Things you will need to complete the application
- Valid Color ID (Driver's License, Passport, Military ID card) must be in pdf or jpg format
- If ID does not provide a current address, please provide a form of address verification (utility bill, paycheck stub, etc.) must be in pdf or jpg format
- Taxpayer Identification Number or Social Security Number
- Account funding (Credit Card or Debit Card)
- FUNDING YOUR ACCOUNT USING A CREDIT CARD IS PROCESSED AS A CASH ADVANCE AND COULD RESULT IN A CASH ADVANCE FEE FROM YOUR CREDIT CARD PROVIDER FOR EACH TRANSACTION. WE RECOMMEND FUNDING YOUR ACCOUNT USING A DEBIT CARD TO AVOID THESE POTENTIAL FEES FROM YOUR CREDIT CARD PROVIDER.
- If you are joining through the American Consumer Council (ACC), Virginia Chapter, please provide a copy of your certificate
- If you are joining through U.S. Capitol Historical Society (USCHS), please provide a copy of the emailed receipt
Looking to open an account for someone under 18?
To open a Personal Account click the button below to join.
Are you being sponsored by a family member? Don't forget to enter Promo Code: 84YEARS to take advantage of our Celebrating 84 Years Promotion all October long.
Not familiar with the Celebrating 84 Years Promotion? Feel free to shoot us an email to learn more.
Not Sure If You Are Eligible For USSFCU Membership?
You may be eligible for membership through one of our 140+ select employment groups (SEGs).
Don't see your employer in one of our SEGs? There are two very quick and simple ways to become eligible for membership. Joining either the American Consumer Council (ACC), Virginia Chapter or the U.S. Capitol Historical Society (USCHS) will make you eligible for membership. Click below to join either one.
American Consumer Council (ACC), Virginia Chapter - Enter Membership Code USSFCU to waive the membership fee!
- Joining through the ACC, Virginia Chapter? Please be sure to provide us with a copy of your certificate.
- Joining through USCHS? Please be sure to provide us with a copy of the emailed receipt.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT PROCEDURES FOR OPENING OR CHANGING AN ACCOUNT
Section 326 of the USA PATRIOT Act requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account or changes an existing account. This federal requirement applies to all new customers and current customers. This information is used to assist the United States government in the fight against the funding of terrorism and money-laundering activities.
What this means to you: when you open an account or change an existing account, we will ask for your name, physical address, mailing address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see your driver’s license or other identifying documents.
Hardware and Software Requirements
In order to access, view, and retain electronic communications including eDocuments that we make available to you, you must have
- A computer or other device with access to the internet and modem
- Internet browser that supports 128 bit encryption
- A browser plug-in such as Adobe Acrobat Reader (version 7 or higher) to view PDF documents if the browser lacks native PDF support
- Sufficient electronic storage capacity on your computer's hard drive or other data storage unit
- A valid email address
- Active online banking access, and
1Family member is defined as a spouse, child, sibling, parent, grandparent, grandchild, stepparent, stepchild, step sibling, adoptive relationship and/or persons living in the same residence and maintaining a single economic unit. 2Limit four (4) $25 rewards per sponsor. Applicant must mention promo code “84YEARS” when applying for new membership. Sponsored or potential members must join as a primary member. Only pertains to an individual joining as a new member and not opening a secondary account. Offer does not apply to anyone being added as a joint owner on the account. New member applications must be approved, membership fee ($1) collected, initial deposit into the primary savings account (minimum of $5) made and the new account must be maintained for 30 days before reward is paid. The $25.00 reward will be electronically deposited into the sponsor’s primary USSFCU savings account within three to five business days following 30 days of eligible account sponsorship. USSFCU reserves the right to update, modify or discontinue this promo at any time. 3While supplies last.
Membership eligibility required. Other restrictions may apply. USSFCU is insured by NCUA.