Apply for Membership
Our online application process is quick and simple!
Whether you are looking to join USSFCU or are an existing member wanting to open an additional account, you can apply any time and from almost anywhere. The application process only takes about 15 minutes from your desktop, tablet, or mobile device, so let's get started.
Who Can Join?
For over 85 years, USSFCU has provided the U.S. Senate and Capitol Hill communities with world-class financial stability, security, and service. Now a $1.2 billion credit union with 100 plus paths to membership, almost everyone has the opportunity to experience the USSFCU difference.
YOU ARE ELIGIBLE IF:
- You work for or retired from, one of our 100+ Select Employee Groups
Additionally, whether or not the employees themselves become members, they may extend the membership to their immediate families and households.
- You are an immediate family member of a current USSFCU Member. This includes:
- Immediate family (child, sibling, parent, grandparent, grandchild, stepparent, stepchild, step-sibling, or adoptive relationship)
- Household members (persons living in the same residence and maintaining a single economic unit)
- You are a Member of The U.S. Capitol Historical Society
As a member of the Society, either as an individual or as an employee, you are automatically eligible to join USSFCU. when you become a USCHS member today.
Learn more about joining the USCHS
- You are a Member of The American Consumer Council
VACC membership takes a matter of minutes and you don’t have to live in Virginia, you can join the VACC from anywhere in the U.S. Plus, USSFCU will cover your membership dues. Follow the instructions below to join:
- Go to americanconsumercouncil.org
- Click the Join Now button
- Fill out the short application—Use Promo Code: USSFCU to waive the $8.00 membership fee
- Click Proceed to the Next Step to complete the application process
You will receive an email containing your VACC Membership Number and Certificate (retain a copy for your records).
PLEASE UPLOAD YOUR CERTIFICATE TO YOUR APPLICATION
How Do I Join?
The easiest way to join USSFCU is to apply online. You can also visit one of our branches to apply in person, or call 800.374.2758 to begin your application by phone.
You will need to open a Primary Savings Account with a minimum of $5 and pay the one-time-only membership fee of $1 to secure your membership with us. When submitting your USSFCU application please have the following information ready; name, address, date of birth, and at least one valid form of identification (photo ID, passport, etc.).
For those who choose to join the American Consumer Council or US Capitol Historical Society, you must join either organization prior to completing a USSFCU application.
Questions about the account opening process? Call us at 800.374.2758 or send us an email.
Please Note: Never send personally identifiable information through email. You will be able to upload it through the application process or a member of our member services team will send you a secure link to provide sensitive documents.
Things you will need to complete the application
Valid Color ID (Driver's License, Passport, Military ID card) must be in pdf or jpg format
If ID does not provide a current address, please provide a form of address verification (utility bill, paycheck stub, etc.) must be in pdf or jpg format
- Paystub or membership document from your Selectct Employee Group
- If you are joining through the U.S. Capitol Historical Society (USCHS), please provide a copy of the emailed receipt
- If you are joining through the American Consumer Council - Virginia Chapter (VACC), please provide a copy of the emailed certificate
Taxpayer Identification Number or Social Security Number
- Account funding (Credit Card or Debit Card)
- USING A CREDIT CARD TO FUND YOUR ACCOUNT IS PROCESSED AS A CASH ADVANCE AND COULD RESULT IN A CASH ADVANCE FEE FROM YOUR CREDIT CARD PROVIDER FOR EACH TRANSACTION. WE RECOMMEND FUNDING YOUR ACCOUNT USING A DEBIT CARD TO AVOID THESE POTENTIAL FEES FROM YOUR CREDIT CARD PROVIDER.
To open a Personal Account click the button below to join.
OPEN PRIMARY ACCOUNT
Looking to open an account for someone under 18?
OPEN YOUTH ACCOUNT
Already applied but want to check your status?
Check Your Application Status
For USSFCU membership you will need to open a Primary Savings Account with a minimum balance of $5.00 and pay the one-time-only membership fee of $1.00. To complete your application for USSFCU membership you will need the following: Government-issued ID/Driver’s License/State ID or Passport with current address, and Social Security Number. View savings rates at ussfcu.org/rates.
Due to the ever-changing nature of response to the coronavirus, response and application processing times may be longer than usual. We appreciate your patience.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT PROCEDURES FOR OPENING OR CHANGING AN ACCOUNT
Section 326 of the USA PATRIOT Act requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account or changes an existing account. This federal requirement applies to all new customers and current customers. This information is used to assist the United States government in the fight against the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities.
What this means to you: when you open an account or change an existing account, we will ask for your name, physical address, mailing address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see your driver’s license or other identifying documents.
Hardware and Software Requirements
In order to access, view, and retain electronic communications including eDocuments that we make available to you, you must have:
A computer or other device with access to the internet and modem
Internet browser that supports 128-bit encryption
A browser plug-in such as Adobe Acrobat Reader (version 7 or higher) to view PDF documents if the browser lacks native PDF support
Sufficient electronic storage capacity on your computer's hard drive or other data storage unit
A valid email address
Active online banking access, and