Life is unpredictable.
There are a wide range of unexpected events that could leave you and your family scrambling to pay monthly bills. That’s why it is important you take action to safeguard your family against these types of events to ensure loan payments can be made on time. That’s where USSFCU’s Debt Shield™ comes in.
Under the USSFCU’s Debt Shield™ program, your loan balance may be canceled or your monthly loan payments canceled without penalty or added interest. You benefit from the peace of mind knowing you and your credit rating are protected – and most importantly – that your family is protected.
Designed with you in mind.
More than ever, we all worry about things that might happen tomorrow. United States Senate Federal Credit Union’s Debt Shield™ provides an important sense of financial security – knowing your loan will not become a burden to you in times of hardship.
Cancel at any time.
You may cancel USSFCU’s Debt Shield™ at any time. If you do so within the first 30 days, we will refund any fees already paid.
Call Member Services at 800.374.2758 to learn more or to get started!
Availability and Plan Options
Definitions of Coverage
- Death- Give your family time to get back on their feet financially
- All plans: Cancel the remaining loan balance as of date of death (up to $75,000).
- Disability- Help avoid bills pilling up as you try to regain your health and earning capacity. Use this benefit as a supplement to any disability coverage you may have at work.
- Consumer plans 1 and 2, and Home Equity plans 1 and 2: Cancels payments for as long as borrower is disabled (aggregate maximum of $75,000, up to $1,000 per month).
- Involuntary Unemployment- Ensure your loan payment will be taken care of as you search for new employment.
- Consumer plans 1 and 4, and home Equity plans 1 and 4: Cancels up to 6 payments per occurrence (aggregate maximum $15,000, up to $1,000 per month).
Your purchase of debt protections is optional. Whether or not your purchase this product will not affect your application for credit or the terms of any existing credit agreement you have with us. We will give you additional information before you are required to pay for debt protection. This information will include a copy of the contract containing the terms and conditions of debt protection. There are eligibility requirements, conditions and exclusions that could prevent you from receiving debt protection benefits. You should carefully read your debt protection contract for a full explanation of the terms and conditions of the debt protection program.
Membership eligibility required. Federally Insured by NCUA
DEBT SHIELD™ is a trademark of the United States Senate Federal Credit Union (USSFCU). Use of the name Debt Shield™ without the express consent of USSFCU is strictly prohibited.