Due to the ever-changing nature in response to the coronavirus; responses could be delayed and loan application processing times could take up to two weeks. We appreciate your patience.
Now Accepting Application in ALL 50 STATES!*
USSFCU offers mortgage purchase and refinancing options for primary and secondary residences, vacation homes and investment properties.
Let us help make your dream home a reality. USSFCU’s in-house mortgage loan team is here to assist you with the mortgage or refinancing process. USSFCU Mortgage Loan options include:
- Repayment options including 30, 25, 20, 15, and 10-year terms;
- A variety of mortgage loan types including Conventional, FHA and VA;
- Low down payment options
- Complimentary pre-approval for qualifying applicants
Refinance to potentially lower your rate. Is your current interest rate higher than what is currently available in the market? We may be able to help you find a lower interest rate and reduce your monthly loan payments.
* Only conventional loans are available in all 50 states. Other mortgage loan types have limited availability state to state. Contact 1-800-231-8855 to find out if the mortgage loan type you are looking for is available in your state. Mortgage refinancing is not available in the state of Texas, purchase only. We do not offer CEMA transactions in the state of New York.
Not all home loans are the same. The loan type you choose will affect how much you will need for a down payment, the total cost of your loan, and the house price range you can consider. Each loan is designed for different situations. Sometimes, only one loan type will fit your situation. If multiple options fit your situation, let’s talk through different scenarios so you can see which type is the best offer for you.
Conventional Loan an option for buyers with good credit
A majority of mortgages are conventional loans. Conventional means that the loan is not part of a specific government program. Conventional loans can cost less than FHA loans but can be more difficult to get.
- Lower closing costs
- No private MI for 20% or more down payment
- 5% down payment option (can be gifted funds if credit score is 660 or higher)
- 6% seller contribution maximum allowed with 90% loan-to value (LTV) maximum
- 3% seller contribution allowed with LTV of 90% or higher
FHA Loan an option for buyers with limited funds
An FHA Loan is a mortgage that's insured by the Federal Housing Administration. For borrowers with lower credit scores or a smaller down payment, FHA loans can be a practical option. With down payment requirements as low as 3.5%, FHA loans are especially popular with first-time home buyers.
- Only a 3.5% down payment is required
- Non-occupying co-borrowers allowed
- Down payment can be a gift or loan to the borrower from an eligible source, such as a family member or a state housing agency program.
HomeReady® by Fannie Mae an option for modern buyers.
With HomeReady, cash for down-payment and closing costs can come from multiple sources, including gifts and grants—with no minimum personal funds required.
- Non-traditional credit allowed1
- Down payment options as low as 3%2
- Reduced mortgage insurance with the opportunity to cancel3
- Various forms of income accepted for down payments and closing costs—including gifts and grants4
VA Loan an option for active and retired military and their spouses.
To be eligible for a VA loan, you must have sufficient entitlement available and be a(n): veteran (single or married), active duty service member, National Guard member, reserve member, or surviving spouse of an eligible veteran (certain restrictions apply).
- 100% financing
- Seller of a home can pay closing costs: up to 2 discount points, the prepaids, and an additional 4% (toward the buyers discretion)
- No monthly mortgage insurance required
- Buyers can add up to $6,000 to their VA loan to have energy-efficient improvements installed
All loan programs, rates, terms, and conditions are subject to change at any time without notice. Restrictions apply. All loans subject to income verification, credit approval and property appraisal. Not a commitment to lend.
1 A minimum of three sources of nontraditional credit are required for HomeReady loans. If a borrower does not have a housing-related source of credit, a minimum 12 months’ of reserves may be required. Restrictions apply. 2 Financing up to 97% loan-to-value (LTV) can use any fixed-rate term (10-, 15-, 20-, 30-year). Other loan program restrictions may apply. 3 A minimum of 20% established home equity required before borrower is eligible to terminate MI. Other restrictions apply. Standard MI coverage is required on HomeReady® loans with LTV ratios at or below 90 percent, and 25 percent coverage is required for LTV ratios exceeding 90 percent. 4 Restrictions apply. HomeReady® loans are serviced under the requirements for all other Fannie Mae non-government conventional mortgage loans. All eligibility criteria and requirements are subject to the formal terms and conditions of the Fannie Mae Selling Guide, located at https://www.fanniemae.com.
First Time Home Buyer Are you considering purchasing a home for the first time? This will give you an overall view of the mortgage and home buying process as well as access to various prequalification and payment calculators.
Buying Already own a home but looking for a bigger space? This will give you an overall view of the mortgage and home buying process as well as access to various prequalification and payment calculators.
Refinancing Looking to refinance your existing mortgage? This will give you access to mortgage calculators that will help you decide if it makes sense to refinance and which program would be best for you.
Loan Programs Looking for guidance on the various loan products? This will give you an overview of fixed-rate vs. adjustable rate and the different types of mortgages available within each category (15 yr., 30 yr., 5/1 ARM, 7/1 ARM, etc.)
Mortgage Interest Rate Income Qualifier. View your potential mortgage interest rate based on your yearly income.
Mortgage Glossary. View a listing of commonly used mortgage terms.
All loans subject to credit approval. For more information on loan programs, rates, terms and conditions visit ussfcu.org/rates. All loan programs, rates, terms and conditions are subject to change at any time without notice. Not all members who apply for a USSFCU Mortgage Loan will be accepted.
The United States Senate Federal Credit Union complies with the Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 (S.A.F.E. Act). A list of our registered originators can be found by searching for the United States Senate Federal Credit Union here.
As a member of the MBa, we join the leading advocate for the real estate finance industry. The MBA provides USSFCU a comprehensive array of capabilities and tools that enable us to successfully deliver fair, sustainable and responsible real estate financing to our members and businesses.