Your Credit Union For Life
No matter your path to USSFCU membership–once you're a member, you're always a member. Regardless of change in location or employer status, we're here to help you through all of life's stages with tips, resources, products and services to set you up for success.
Here for you now and for what's next.
Learning healthy finanical habits
Building a financial foundation
Nurture your goals and dreams
Enrich your accomplishments
Savor the successes of a life well planned
Whether in branch, online or by phone, we are here to assist you with many financial needs you may have. Below are just a few of the many benefits our members currently enjoy:
- Online, Phone and Mobile Banking
- Personalized Assistance with our In-House Mortgage Loan Officer
- An array of loan options including: Auto and Leisure Vehicle Loans, Personal Loans, Student Loans and Lines of Credit
- Savings and Retirement Accounts including: IRAs, Share Certificates, and Money Market Accounts
- Flexible Checking Account Options
- VISA® Credit Cards
- Investment and Retirement Planning with our Finanical Advisory Services
- Financial Wellness Counseling with GreenPath
- Access to over 100,000 worldwide ATMs and Shared Branches Nationwide
- Product Discounts with Turbo Tax®, TruStage and SimpliSafe, through our partnership with Love My Credit Union
Eligibility is simple and applying is easy.
You don't have to work for the U.S. Senate, on Capitol Hill or even be federal employee to be eligible for membership. We have partnered with over 100 business, organizations, associations and groups to offer multiple paths to membership. You might already be eligible or you can simple join one of the associations or groups to become eligible.
Learn more about eligibility below or if you are ready to apply, click the button below.
Who is eligibile to join?
1. Employees of Select Employee Groups.
Additionally, whether or not the employees themselves become members, they may extend the membership to their immediate families and households.
2. Individuals sponsored by a family or household member.
A member in good standing or a current employee of a Select Employee Group may sponsor an immediate family member, as well as others in the same household. This includes:
- Immediate family (child, sibling, parent, grandparent, grandchild, stepparent, stepchild, step sibling, or adoptive relationship)
- Household members (persons living in the same residence and maintaining a single economic unit)
- Organizations of people in one of the above groups
3. Members of the U.S. Capitol Historical Society (USCHS).
As a member of the Society, either as an individual or as an employee, you are automatically eligible to join USSFCU. USCHS is a non-profit educational organization created in 1962 to promote the history of the Capitol and Congress. Become a USCHS member today by making the qualifiying donation and apply to USSFCU at the same time. Current members of USCHS are also invited to participate in this member offering.
For more information about USCHS, visit http://uschs.org/.
4. Members of the American Consumer Councile (Virginia Chapter)
VACC membership takes a matter of minutes and USSFCU covers the membership dues. Plus, you can join the VACC anywhere in the U.S., not just Virginia.
Follow the instructions below to join:
- Go to americanconsumercouncil.org
- Click the Join Now button
- Fill out the short application—Use Promo Code: USSFCU to waive the $8.00 membership fee
- Click Proceed to the Next Step to complete the application process
You will receive an email containing your VACC Membership Number and Certificate (retain for your records). This information will automatically be sent to USSFCU.
How do I join?
The easiest way to join USSFCU and to start taking advantage of the benefits of membership is to apply online.
When submitting your USSFCU application please have the following information ready; name, address, date of birth, and at least one valid form of identification (photo ID, passport, etc.).
NOTE: Never send personally identifiable information through email. You will be able to upload it through the application process or a member of our member services team will send you a secure link to provide sensitive documents.
You will also need to open a Primary Savings Account at that time with a minimum of $5 and pay the one-time-only membership fee of $1 to secure your membership with us