Visa® Debit Cards
In partnership with Visa®, USSFCU offers its members a safe, easy-to-use, and free debit card that features all the standard debit card benefits as well as the opportunity to earn valuable rewards!
USSFCU’s Visa® debit cards, which can be used at ATMs around the world, offer greater security than cash and are more widely accepted than checks.
In addition, USSFCU Visa® debit cards can be used as a credit card, enabling USSFCU members to earn valuable rewards points on their purchases wherever Visa® is accepted. This combination of features makes USSFCU’s Visa® debit card an extremely versatile account to have access to your money.
Not a member? Not a problem. With 140 plus paths to membership, joining is simple and easy. Learn About Eligibility or Join Now!
All loans are subject to credit approval. Rates and/or credit limits are based on creditworthiness, income and debts. Not all applicants will qualify for the lowest rate. Your account is subject to a Variable Interest Rate. Increases or decreases in the Interest Rate will result in like increases or decreases in the Finance Charge and will affect the amount of your regularly scheduled payments that you will be required to make. View ussfcu.org/rates for rates, terms and conditions.
* Other fees may apply. See Visa disclosure for complete information.
USSFCU’s Visa® debit cards provide:
- A fast, free, and easy-to-use payment option
- A safer alternative to cash
- A better alternative to checks
- 24/7 access to funds via 100,000 surcharge-free ATMs worldwide through the Credit Union 24 network*
- The opportunity to earn valuable rewards wherever Visa® is accepted
*USSFCU fees may apply. Please check the fee schedule for additional information.
Smart Rewards is the name of the program that enables USSFCU members to earn redeemable points with their USSFCU Visa® debit cards. It's the same program that rewards points to USSFCU members who hold USSFCU Visa® Smart Rewards credit cards.
To earn points through Smart Rewards with USSFCU Visa® debit cards, members simply choose the "credit option" at the point of sale and sign a receipt for their purchase. For every four dollars spent via this "credit option" USSFCU Visa® debit card holders earn a point through the Smart Rewards program.
Smart Rewards points are redeemable for a wide range of travel rewards, gift certificates, and cash! And one of the Smart Rewards program's most popular features is that the rewards it offers aren't tied to any specific airline, hotel chain, or company's merchandise. Below are a few additional points regarding Smart Rewards:
- Smart Rewards can be earned on purchases made at any retailer or vendor that accepts Visa®
- Smart Rewards requires no sign-up or maintenance fees
- Smart Rewards points accrue automatically without requiring any initiation forms or processes
- Smart Rewards points are earned on card purchases where the USSFCU Member has provided a signature — and they are not earned when purchases are made by entering a PIN
- Smart Rewards for USSFCU Visa® debit card holders are available only for USSFCU debit cards tied to a USSFCU checking account
- Smart Rewards points can only be earned on purchases, and cannot be earned on cash advances or cash transfers
- Smart Rewards points expire after 36 Months
Accessing Smart Rewards and Redeeming Your Points
To access your points and/or create an account, log on to Smart Rewards 24/7 online OR call the redemption center at 877.909.1450, Monday through Friday from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Pacific Time.