Online Banking & Bill Pay
When getting to a branch isn't convenient, manage your money securely online, anytime and from anywhere with free online banking from USSFCU. Our secure web platform makes it easy to check balances, view recent transactions, pay bills, and more.
- Enjoy a secure way to access your USSFCU accounts from anywhere you have internet access
- Pay bills online, review account statements, and activate or block cards
- Transfer funds between USSFCU accounts and other banks, as well as, person to person
- View account transactions, place stop payments, order checks, and redeem Smart Rewards points
- Access to My Finance, a free account aggregator tool that can track spending patterns, create budgets, and set goals viewable from an easy to use dashboard
- The ability to integrate and use financial management software such as Microsoft® Money or Intuit® QuickBooks
- Use Secure Message Center to securely communicate with a USSFCU Member Services Representative
Keep track of all your finances from one, easy-to-use dashboard. Sign up for this service today and start managing your finances from one place that you can access anywhere you have internet!
- Ability to track multiple accounts and categorize transactions
- Retain and review transaction, budget and financial goal data up to 18 months
- Assist in building net worth by saving toward a budget or goal
- Monitor account activity through text and email alerts
How It Works
Just follow these simple steps:
- Log into CU AnyHour+
- Choose the My Finance tab
- Accept the online agreement, which will lead you through a step-by-step set-up process
- Start setting financial goals, getting alerts, and more from My Finance
Bill Pay is a service within CU AnyHour+ Online Banking that allows you to pay virtually anyone or any company through your account. You determine who you want to pay, when you want to make the payment, and which account you want the payment to come from. It is quick, convenient and very easy to use.
1. Log into CU AnyHour+ and click on "Bill Pay" tab.
2. The first time, activate your Bill Pay account. Once you’ve activated your account, you’ll need to add a payee (i.e. the person or company you wish to pay). Next, determine if you want to make a one-time or recurring payment, how much you want to pay, and when you want to make the payment.
- Single sign-on integration with online banking solution
- eBills electronic bill presentation lets customers receive all their bills electronically in a single location
- Bill pay calendar shows when payments are scheduled
- Payment history stored for a minimum of 18 months
- Person-to-person electronic payments to individuals with an email address
- Account-to-account interbank transfers
- Check payment tracking features
- Rush payment option (delivery fee may apply)
- Text message or email reminders to pay bills
- Gift and Donation payment options that send customized cards with an attached check
- Member support is available until 2 am for this service